Fred Miller—Nationally Renowned Expert on Consumer Finance Law and Uniform Commercial Code—Joins Gray Plant Mooty
MINNEAPOLIS (March 3, 2011) — The Minneapolis-based law firm of Gray Plant Mooty is pleased to announce that Fred H. Miller, a nationally renowned expert on consumer finance law and the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), has joined the firm. Miller will serve in an of counsel capacity with Gray Plant Mooty’s Commercial Financial Services practice group.
Miller was a distinguished professor at the University of Oklahoma College of Law for 40 years. At various times throughout his career, he has served as a consultant to attorneys and clients with respect to the Truth in Lending Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and other federal consumer finance laws; as an expert witness and consultant to attorneys handling consumer finance law cases; and as a consultant to the Oklahoma Department of Consumer Credit on consumer credit regulations, statutory amendments, and cases.
Miller is the author or coauthor of over 100 articles and books or book chapters, including, among others:
- The Lawyer’s Guide to Modern Payment Methods: ACH, Credit, Debit, and More (American Bar Association, 2007)
- The ABCs of the UCC: Related and Supplementary Consumer Law (American Bar Association, 2004)
- Sales and Leases of Goods in a Nutshell (West, 2003)
- The Law of Modern Payment Systems and Notes (West, 2002)
- The ABCs of the UCC: Related Insolvency Law (American Bar Association, 2002)
- The ABCs of the UCC: Article 1 (revised) (American Bar Association, 2002)
- The Law of Truth in Lending (American Bar Association, 2000)
- Hawkland UCC Series, editor and author of several annual supplements on various UCC Articles
Miller is a commissioner from Oklahoma to the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws and a member of the American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers, the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers, and the Conference on Consumer Finance Law. He served as chair of the Permanent Editorial Board for the Uniform Commercial Code and as chair of the ABA's Business Law Section Uniform Commercial Code Committee.
Miller received his J.D. from the University of Michigan.
Gray Plant Mooty is recognized as one of the leading corporate law firms in Minnesota and one of the top franchise firms in the world. Our roots go back to 1866. Today, we are a 170-attorney, full-service firm with offices in Minneapolis and St. Cloud, Minnesota, and Washington, DC. Our attorneys and staff provide exceptional client service and value to our clients, and directly or with our global affiliations, we provide comprehensive legal services on a regional, national, and global basis.