Six Lathrop Gage Attorneys Named “Lawyers of the Year” by Best Lawyers
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (September 12, 2012) – Best Lawyers, the oldest peer-review publication in the legal profession, has named six Lathrop Gage attorneys to its 2013 “Lawyers of the Year” list. Each honoree was selected by receiving particularly high ratings from their peers. Only one lawyer for each practice area in each community is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
The publication has named Scott Beeler (Business Litigation – Overland Park) the Kansas City, Kan. Litigation – Land Use and Zoning Lawyer of the Year, James Betterman (Wealth Strategies – Overland Park) the Kansas City, Kan. Litigation – Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year, Alson Martin (Employee Benefits – Overland Park) the Kansas City, Kan. Tax Law Lawyer of the Year, Rosalee McNamara (Labor & Employment – Kansas City) the Kansas City, Mo. Labor Law – Management Lawyer of the Year, Dan Nelson (Bankruptcy – Springfield) the Springfield, Mo. Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law Lawyer of the Year, and Richard Rhyne (Business Litigation – Kansas City) the Kansas City, Mo. Litigation – Construction Lawyer of the Year.
About the honorees:
· Beeler serves as the partner in charge of the firm’s Overland Park office and head of the firm’s Real Estate Litigation Group. He specializes in complex business litigation with emphasis in all phases of commercial, land use, real estate, development, construction, multi-party and business transactional matters. He has selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, named a “Leading Lawyer” by Chambers USA, and selected among The Best Lawyers in America.
· Betterman concentrates his practice in trusts and estates law. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, has been selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, and named among The Best Lawyers in America.
· Martin concentrates his practice in employee benefits and serves as general counsel for more than 300 privately owned businesses. He recently authored The Limited Liability Company and Partnership Answer Book (3rd ed. 2011) and co-authored the book Kansas Corporation Law & Practice (Including Tax Aspects) (5th ed. 2011). He has been selected among Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, named among the Outstanding Lawyers of America by the Guide to Leading U.S. Tax Lawyers, named a “Leading Lawyer” by Chambers USA, and selected among The Best Lawyers in America. He is also a Fellow of both the American College of Tax Counsel and the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel.
· McNamara represents businesses and organizations in employment and litigation matters throughout the United States. She has been named a Fellow in the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, selected as a “Leading Lawyer” by Chambers USA, and among the Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, and The Best Lawyers in America.
· Nelson concentrates his practice in creditors’ rights and bankruptcy, banking and financial institutions. He has been selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, and been named among The Best Lawyers in America.
· Rhyne has more than 30 years of experience in successfully representing construction contractors, insurance and surety bond companies, and other corporate clients in multi-million dollar construction cases as well as in general litigation and commercial law matters. He has been selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, and among The Best Lawyers in America.
About Lathrop Gage LLP:
A full-service law firm, Lathrop Gage LLP has more than 320 attorneys in 11 offices nationwide – from Los Angeles to New York. In 2012, Chambers USA ranked Lathrop Gage’s corporate, environmental, intellectual property, labor and employment, litigation, real estate and transportation teams among the best in their regions. For more information, visit www.lathropgage.com.