Title IX/VAWA Investigator and Adjudicator Training from trainED
Live Webcast-OR-In-Person Training
Gray Plant Mooty
500 IDS Center (5th Floor)
80 South Eighth StreetMinneapolis, MN 55402
Firm Event & Webinar
Presented by trainED
Given the heightened focus on enforcement of Title IX and the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act (VAWA), it is more important than ever to make sure that your Title IX investigators and adjudicators are well trained on their obligations and on how to handle sexual misconduct matters.
Join us for a half-day training for Title IX investigators and adjudicators to ensure that your institution is carrying out its responsibilities and satisfying its annual training requirements.
Not only will attendees learn about legal requirements for handling complaints of sexual misconduct, but they will receive practical guidance on how to navigate complex issues that arise during the complaint process. The session will also address the impact and challenges of trauma in investigating and adjudicating allegations of misconduct. Attendees will receive a certificate verifying their completion of the training session.
This training will cover:
• An overview of Title IX and VAWA
• The role and responsibilities of Title IX investigators and adjudicators
• Coordination with law enforcement
• Typical investigation stages
• Effective investigation strategies and techniques
• Adjudication procedures, protocols and best practices
• Investigation and adjudication of a hypothetical case study