Government Investigations: The Tricks, Traps, and Technicalities
Presented by: Gray Plant Mooty
Roundtable Presented By: Gray Plant Mooty’s Litigation Practice Group
Gray Plant Mooty’s Litigation Practice Group
Federal and state governments have become increasingly aggressive in their enforcement efforts, forcing corporations to ensure that their compliance programs are up to date and that their employees are strictly following all laws and regulations. Even the most vigilant of corporations, however, can suddenly find itself the subject of a government investigation of its conduct. Come listen to the current head of the Minnesota U.S. Attorney’s Office Civil Fraud Unit, along with former prosecutors (now GPM lawyers), as they discuss tips, tactics, and techniques that corporations need to be aware of when dealing with government investigations. Topics will include:
The government’s perspective on investigations of corporate conduct
- Handling and structuring the internal investigation
- Key legal issues to consider
- Working with the government to resolve your matter
- Gerald Wilhelm, Assistant U.S. Attorney, Minnesota U.S. Attorney’s Office
- Katie Bergstrom, Chair, Gray Plant Mooty Litigation practice group
- Susan Gaertner, Principal, Gray Plant Mooty Litigation practice group
- Tom Johnson, Principal, Gray Plant Mooty Litigation practice group
- Eric Yaffe, Chair, Gray Plant Mooty White Collar Defense team
CLE credit has been applied for. The program will be followed by a reception.
4:00 – 4:15 p.m. Registration IDS Center—50th Floor
4:15 – 5:30 p.m. Program 80 South Eighth Street
5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Reception Minneapolis, Minnesota 55402
Kindly RSVP by April 11, 2011 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to 612.632.3170.
There is no registration fee for this program. Parking will be validated for the Marquette/IDS Ramp.
Parking will be validated for the Marquette/IDS Ramp.
Windows on Minnesota, IDS Center—50th Floor, 80 South Eighth Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402