Colorado Health Law Symposium
CBA-CLE Classroom1900 Grant Street, Suite 300Denver, CO 80203
The Health Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association, together with the American Health Lawyers Association, is hosting the 2nd Annual Colorado Health Law Symposium, a regional event co-sponsored by the nation's largest educational organization devoted to legal issues in the health industry. Join GPM attorneys as they lead an engaging program on one of today's top health law topics.
Friday, March 13, 2015
Franchising in the Health Care Industry - 9:50 a.m.
- What is "Franchising" and How Can It be Applied to Health Care Businesses
- Avoiding the "Accidental" Franchise
Structuring a Franchised Network of Health Care Providers, while Complying with Health Regulatory Requirements, such as:
- Corporate practice of medicine laws
- Fraud and abuse, fee-splitting, marketing and advertising restrictions
- Medicare & Medicaid enrollment, participation and reimbursement rules
- HIPAA obligations for franchisors and franchisees
- Special Franchise Regulatory Compliance Issues for Health Care Franchises