2019 Employment and Labor Law Seminar
You're invited to attend Gray Plant Mooty's annual Employment and Labor Law Seminar on Tuesday, April 9, 2019. This full-day seminar will address current issues and recent developments in employment and labor law, with presentations and breakout sessions on a variety of topics, including:
- Employment, employee benefits, and labor law annual updates
- Emerging workplace issues (emotional support animals, biometrics, telecommuting, and more)
- Sexual harassment: #MeToo era updates and lessons learned
- The ADA/FMLA/workers’ compensation triangle, focusing on mental health and addiction
- What to do when the government comes knocking
- Trade secrets and employment agreements
- I-9 compliance and audits
- How to avoid being sued by your employees
- Wage and hour update
- Performance issues and discipline management
This year our seminar will feature a guest speaker presentation from Sarah Sladek, founder and CEO of XYZ University, a local organization that educates employers on bridging generational gaps as part of recruitment and retention efforts in this tight labor market.
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. (CDT)
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (CDT)
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
7025 Northland Drive North
Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
Breakfast and lunch will be served.
Registration is $150 per person or $450 for up to four people.
*Applied for Continuing Legal Education (MN-CLE), Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI), Board of Social Work (BOSW), and Nursing Home Administration (NHA) credit.