Lathrop GPM Achieves Chambers High Net Worth 2022 Rankings in Three States, for Nine Attorneys
(July 14, 2022) — The Lathrop GPM Trusts, Estates & Legacy Planning Practice Group and nine of its attorneys are highly ranked in the Chambers and Partners’ High Net Worth 2022 directory. Released today, the annual ranking honors Lathrop GPM with top rankings in Minnesota, Missouri and Kansas in the Private Wealth Law category. In addition, nine attorneys were included in the premier guide that ranks the top lawyers and law firms for serving clients in the private wealth area.
The nine Lathrop GPM attorneys ranked are as follows:
- Jim B. Betterman (Overland Park, Kansas) advises clients on estate planning and administration, charitable planning and trust administration, as well as wills, probate and business succession planning. His clients include high net worth individuals and families, business owners and charitable organizations.
- Ruth Brackney (Overland Park, Kansas) prepares analysis and recommendations on sophisticated estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax issues.
- Peter W. Brown (Overland Park, Kansas) advises individuals and businesses on estate planning, business planning and tax matters.
- Ann B. Burns (Minneapolis, Minnesota), also a certified public accountant, advises on a range of matters, including estate planning and administration, business succession planning and charitable planning.
- James D. Lamm (Minneapolis, Minnesota) advises high net worth clients on estate planning and tax matters.
- Scott H. Malin (St. Louis, Missouri) advises high net worth individuals and business owners on wealth transfer and tax matters.
- Marya Robben (Minneapolis, Minnesota) practices in the areas of estate planning, estate and gift taxation, fiduciary representation, probate administration, trust administration, and contested cases.
- Matthew J. Shea (Minneapolis, Minnesota) advises high net worth individuals, families and business owners on estate planning and administration, business succession and tax matters.
- Edward Tully (Minneapolis, Minnesota) practices in the areas of estate planning, trust administration, business planning matters, and corporate law.
In Kansas, Lathrop GPM has more ranked individuals in the Chambers and Partners’ High Net Worth directory than any other firm, which is a tribute to our depth and full team approach. We also have the most individuals ranked in the state of Minnesota, including the only ranked Up & Coming attorney.
Lathrop GPM’s Trusts, Estates & Legacy Planning group is experienced in the nuances and complexities of wealth strategies, estate and transfer tax planning, standing as one of the largest and established trust and estates groups in the Upper and Central Midwest. The team offers comprehensive estate and wealth planning strategies for individuals and multigenerational families with significant wealth (and the advisors who support them), nonprofit foundations and family offices — employing savvy navigation of the ever-changing tax landscape, the most cutting-edge estate planning techniques and, when needed, advocacy in disputes involving trusts or estates.
The Chambers and Partners High Net Worth guide ranks the top lawyers and law firms specifically focusing on private wealth management work in key jurisdictions around the world. Chambers' distinguished recognition ranks individual lawyers based on their legal knowledge, experience, ability, effectiveness and client service. Firm areas recognized are ranked based on the effectiveness, capability, strength and depth of the department as a whole.