Two GPM Attorneys Present to Future Entrepreneurs at CSOM
On October 25, 2012, two Gray Plant Mooty attorneys, Doug Ramler and Mike Cohen, presented a workshop entitled Start Me Up! for entrepreneurs at the Carlson School of Management (CSOM) on the University of Minnesota Campus. Students interested in or have recently started a business, were given the opportunity to hear practical advice from experienced attorneys on the fundamentals for getting started. The Start Me Up! workshop covered business formation, financing, intellectual property, and related legal and business issues.
In addition, the attorneys answered questions such as:
- When do I need to form my business?
- What type of entity should I choose?
- What partnership agreements are needed?
- What ongoing records are required?
- How to protect intellectual property?
- How do I issue options/equity?
- How do I raise external capital?
- Other legal risks do I need to address?