Fundamentals of FERPA Training Webcast from trainED
Presented by: trainED
Is your institution ready to comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) in the midst of sexual misconduct investigations? Could you use a FERPA refresher?
Join us for a training on the fundamentals of FERPA, including a discussion of how FERPA applies in the context of sexual misconduct proceedings. This training will cover FERPA basics, such as the definition of an education record and how to handle requests by third parties.
We will also dive into special issues that arise in the context of sexual misconduct investigations, such as the new FERPA exception under the Campus SaVE Act. The training will also include helpful hypotheticals to work through these difficult issues.
Please join us for this 90-minute training to ensure your institution is FERPA-compliant.
This training will cover:
- Basic requirements of FERPA
- New FERPA exception under the Campus SaVE Act
- Applying FERPA in the midst of sexual misconduct proceedings
- Different FERPA requirements for sexual harassment and sexual assault/ VAWA crimes
- Sharing records with third parties