Franchise Webcast: Key Considerations for the 2017 Franchise Registration Renewal Season
Click here to view recorded webcast
Click here to view presentation slides (.pdf)
For franchisors whose fiscal year concluded at the end of 2016, the 2017 franchise registration renewal season is quickly approaching, and many franchisors will be sitting down over the next several weeks to update and revise their Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDDs). In addition to the standard annual updates that are required under state and federal law, franchisors should also use this time to review their standard form franchise agreements, ancillary agreements, FDDs, and operations manuals to reflect recent legal developments, lessons learned in previous years, and current best practices.
Join Gray Plant Mooty franchise attorneys Liz Dillon and Erica Tokar for a 60-minute webcast on Wednesday, January 25, discussing some key issues that merit franchisors’ consideration before they finalize their revisions for 2017.
Issues discussed in the webcast will include:
- Impact of the new commentary proposed by the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) relating to financial performance representations
- Ensuring that the dispute resolution provisions in the franchise agreement and ancillary agreements reflect recent case law developments
- Ensuring that the franchise agreement provides appropriate rights, controls, and protections to facilitate crisis management
- Joint employer risks in the franchise agreement, operations manual, and franchisor practices
- Data protection and data security protections in the franchise agreement