Employment Law Panel Discussion: Employment Litigation & Class Actions - Prevent Them, Manage Them, Win Them
Gray Plant Mooty (Minneapolis)**live webcast also available
Firm Event & Webinar
** CLE credit has been applied for
Join us for a panel discussion on Thursday, October 27, addressing strategies and practical considerations in preventing and internally managing employment litigation and class actions.
Our panelists will provide their unique perspectives as an in-house employment counsel, a head human resource officer, a proactive workplace conflict resolution professional, and a Gray Plant Mooty labor and employment counselor and litigator. Gray Plant Mooty litigator Jan Evans will moderate the panel.
Issues to be addressed include:
- Internal management, avoidance, and early resolution of issues and claims
- Strategies upon receiving charges of discrimination
- Significant features of your relationship with outside litigation counsel
- Factors in determining the company’s litigation goals in class-action litigation
- Key components to managing your workforce during class-action litigation
- Managing inquiries from the media about your class action
- Laura Gillund, Chief Talent Officer, Cardiovascular Systems, Inc.
- Jane Kirshbaum, Senior Corporate Counsel, Best Buy
- Julie Hagen Showers, Director of the Office for Conflict Resolution, University of Minnesota
- Mark Mathison, Principal, Gray Plant Mooty
- Jan Evans, Principal, Gray Plant Mooty (moderator)