Applying the Rules of Evidence: What Every Attorney Needs to Know
Presented by: National Business Institute
Please join Gray Plant Mooty's Mike Flom for a full day National Business Institute CLE seminar. He is one of the guest speakers on the topic "Applying the Rules of Evidence: What Every Attorney Needs to Know."
Use Best Litigation Practices Within the Boundaries of Evidence Rules and Procedure
No case can be won on sheer brilliance alone. Evidence is the backbone on which effective advocacy is borne. Are you making the best use of all types of evidence in each case? In a day of intense study, experienced attorney faculty will share their tips on how to recognize key evidence and then traverse the obstacle course of qualifying rules and opposing counsel's attempts to strike it, to deliver it to the decision maker unscathed, and introduce it for maximum impact. Learn to use the rules of evidence with surgical precision!
- Learn what you must and cannot do in getting evidence admitted and excluded, lest you ruin your case.
- Examine the differences between common and statutory law, and state and federal rules in controlling admissibility.
- Save time by maximizing your use of stipulations early in the case.
- Learn to quickly spot the admissibility potential of evidence - and save yourself fruitless efforts.
- Explore specific problems you may face in getting evidence admitted and get solutions from experienced attorney faculty.
- Understand what information must be provided for expert witnesses to form their opinions.
- Cover all your bases when qualifying your experts and verifying their theories and methodologies.
- Get reliable litigation tactics for supporting and attacking evidence at trial.
- Find out how recent court rulings are shaping the litigation practice today.
Who Should Attend
This fundamental legal program offers attorneys the fundamental knowledge and practical skills to make the best use of evidence and testimony.
- Determining Admissibility
- Hearsay Objections and Exceptions
- Expert Reports and Scientific Evidence
- Authentication, Exhibits and Courtroom Presentation
There are 6.00 CLE credits for this full day webinar.