Advanced Forum for False Claims & Qui Tam Enforcement
- 1/27/2014 - 1/28/2014
Speaker: Eric L. Yaffe
Date: January 28, 2013
Time: 2:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Location: The Carlton Hotel, New York
The Anticipated Increase in False Claims Act Investigations in the Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Industries
- Overview of common theories of liability in healthcare and pharmaceutical FCA matters
- How the Affordable Care Act has impacted FCA claims
- Possibility of increased whistleblower rewards for recovery of Medicare payment
- Recent FCA case law developments in healthcare and pharmaceutical matters
- Update on new civil healthcare and pharmaceutical investigations
- Ramification of recent settlements
- Impact of increasing participation by the States
- Collateral consequences – Corporate Integrity Agreements, expanded exclusion authorities
Strategic Insights for Reducing Risk and Legal Exposure amid the Expanding Reach of the False Claims Act
ACI presents the inaugural Executive Forum on False Claims and Qui Tam Enforcement to offer the latest guidance on how to protect your organization from potentially huge penalties arising from Federal and State False Claims litigation. Over $5 Billion has been recovered by settlements relating to false claims and the reach of the False Claims Act is widening beyond the healthcare and the defense industries. In 2012, several large financial services institutions including Bank of America, Deutsch Bank, Citigroup and JP Morgan were cited for false claims violations in addition to Abbott Laboratories, GlaxoSmithKline, ATK Launch Systems, Oracle and McKesson.
The 2014 agenda has been developed to provide you with timely information on:
- How DOJ Can Build a Successful Case against You: Understanding the Anatomy of a Government Investigation of False Claims
- Expansion of State False Claims Acts and Enforcement
- Inside the Plaintiff’s Bar: How Plaintiff Counsel is Selecting and Litigating Big Ticket False Claims Cases
- How to Strengthen Your Internal Compliance Strategy and Design an Effective Whistleblower Program
- Recent Developments at the Federal False Claims Act Enforcement
- FCA Settlement Strategy Session: The Finer Points of Determining When to Engage in Settlement Discussions, How to Negotiate with Federal and State Authorities and Work with Outside Monitors
- Industry Specific Updates on Financial Services, Healthcare and Defense
- Treble Damages and Your Bottom Line: How to Calculate Damages
- Views from In-House Counsel: How Companies Are Selecting Outside Counsel for False Claims Matters and Strengthening their Budgeting and Case Management
- How to Avoid Risk of Your Case Expanding to Other Criminal and Civil Suits
- Ethical Considerations in Qui Tam Suits
The speaker faculty consists of in-house counsel, chief compliance officers, seasoned expert counsel and senior government officials. Ensure that you are fully updated on how to protect your organization and learn how to strengthen your risk management strategy. Don’t miss this opportunity to exchange ideas with your peers across a wide range of industries.
The conference brochure is complete and the brochure is posted to the conference website. Please refer to the website for more information.