Passing On Art Through Estate Planning
- Part 1 - Thursday, August 26, 2021 Part 2 - Thursday, September 30, 2021
- 10:00 – 10:30 a.m. CDT
Presented via live webinar.
These webinars are available for no cost.
This two-part series will provide an overview of issues to consider when estate planning with art, not only when gifting art to family members or to charity but also when selling art. The first session will focus on lifetime planning, while the second session will focus on testamentary planning and estate administration.
Session 1: Lifetime Planning and Art
Thursday, August 26, 2021
- Issues to consider when making gifts to irrevocable trusts
- Tax considerations when selling art
- Issues to consider when donating art to charity
- Active management of art collections
Session 2: Testamentary Planning and Art
Thursday, September 30, 2021
- Issues to consider when dividing art collections among individuals
- Issues to consider when making bequests to charity
- Management during the estate administration period
- Issues related to post-death sales