2011 Health Law Institute
- 6/09/2011 - 6/10/2011
Presented by: Minnesota CLE
It’s Another Big Year for Health Law Changes.
The Institute provides critical information, analysis and practical insight on those important developments. The Institute is the easiest way to make sure that you know about all the new developments in major areas of health care law and litigation, whether it’s new cases, new legislation or new regulations. In the plenary sessions, Minnesota DHS Commissioner Lucinda Jesson will discuss that Department’s work with respect to federal and state legislation aimed at health reform. Commissioner Mike Rothman of the Minnesota Department of Commerce will update you on Minnesota’s health insurance exchange planning. In the conference plenaries, you’ll also get updates on the federal court cases on the constitutionality of the individual mandate in the Affordable Care Act, data privacy and security, and fraud and abuse. And that’s just for starters!
The 2011 Health Law Institute's Mix of Plenary and Breakout Topics Include the Latest on:
- Minnesota-specific developments related to Medicaid expansion, payment reform pilots, the electronic health records incentive program, and health exchange planning
- The challenges to the constitutionality of the individual mandate
- HITECH rulemaking, state data breach laws, the IMS v. Sorrell case, and other recent data privacy and security developments
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Medical malpractice reform
- Health care antitrust cases, trends and enforcement policy
- Disclosure protocols regarding Stark and potential kickback violations
- Managed care litigation
- Document cleanup strategy
- Recent changes in FDA, DOJ and OIG enforcement initiatives and prosecutions related to the medical device and pharmaceutical industries
- Quality and value measurement
- Employment, reporting and patient safety issues arising from nurse misconduct
- Wellness programs
- Complying with the Physicians Payments Sunshine Act
- Legal benefits of rethinking what device companies actually sell
- And more!
Gray Plant Mooty Presentations:
- Jennifer Reedstrom Bishop and Jesse Berg, "Beyond the Affordable Care Act: Key Regulatory Changes and their Implications for Providers"
- Tim Johnson, "Thinking Through Disclosures"
The Institute provides current, practical information and analysis through session presentations, Q & A with the faculty, discussions with colleagues between sessions, and the outstanding written resources. You will leave the Institute with additional insights, knowledge and practice tips that you can use to be an even better practitioner. You also will leave with one-of-a-kind reference resources to save you time and research dollars throughout the year.
For more information or to register, visit the Minnesota CLE Web site.
MN CLE Conference Center, 600 Nicollet Mall #370, 3rd Floor City Center, Minneapolis, MN 55402