Franchise Webcast: Key Considerations for the 2017 Franchise Registration Renewal Season
Last week, Gray Plant Mooty attorneys Liz Dillon and Erica Tokar presented a webcast on key considerations for franchisors as they begin the franchise registration renewal process for 2017.
Issues discussed in the webcast included:
- Impact of the new commentary proposed by the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) relating to financial performance representations
- Ensuring that the dispute resolution provisions in the franchise agreement and ancillary agreements reflect recent case law developments
- Ensuring that the franchise agreement provides appropriate rights, controls, and protections
- Joint employer risks in the franchise agreement, operations manual, and franchisor practices
- Data protection and data security protections in the franchise agreement