Lizzi Kampf Janssen, LICSW
Lizzi Janssen is an associate in the firm's Minneapolis office, focusing her practice on health law and health care organizations. She has experience serving as first chair for misdemeanor calendar during her time working for the Hennepin County Attorney's office as a law clerk. While completing her law degree, Lizzi worked as a Technical Writer for the firm, where she managed legal research assignments and wrote memoranda on emerging legal issues.
Lizzi has a Master's Degree in Clinical Social Work. Prior to her legal career, she worked for health clinics and social services providers. Lizzi provided social work case management to at-risk children and families, completed emergency psychiatric assessment for children and adults, and consulted with psychiatrists, medical professionals and family members. She most recently worked for a major women's health clinic as the Director of Mental Health and Social Services, where she provided oversight of mandated reporting compliance in addition to managing the social services staff and delivering clinical services.
- Presenter, "The Power of Empathic Communication," NAF Annual Meeting, 2019
- Presenter, "Best Practices in Patient Counseling and Contraceptive Care," Proof Alliance Annual Conference, 2018
- Presenter, "Who is in your Stirrups? Providing Trauma Informed Care to Trafficked Patients," NAF Annual Meeting, 2017
- Presenter, "Working With Youth: Social Work and Counseling Skills for Lawyers," Jane's Due Process Conference, 2016
- Presenter, "Reproductive Coercion: Care and Considerations for Sexual Assault Nursing," Wisconsin Chapter of Forensic Nursing, 2016
- November 10, 2021
- Pet Haven, Inc, Volunteer Foster Provider & Foster Care Coordinator and Mentor, 2013 - present
- American Red Cross, Disaster Mental Health Volunteer, 2012 - 2014
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
Mitchell Hamline School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2021
University of St. Thomas/St. Catherine University, Master of Social Work, 2009
St. Catherine University, B.A., Psychology and Women's Studies, cum laude, 2006
- Hennepin County Attorney's Office, Law Clerk