Lee B. Bennin
Lee Bennin is an associate in the firm's Intellectual Property Litigation practice group. Lee has experience in product liability, commercial, railroad, insurance litigation, and appellate matters as well. Lee previously clerked for the Honorable Matthew E. Johnson, John R. Rodenberg, and Diane B. Bratvold of the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
Lee assists clients with all aspects of their intellectual property disputes, from pre-suit enforcement to litigation. Lee represents clients in federal courts throughout the United States and also in proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. A pragmatist, Lee takes a thoughtful approach to resolving disputes and always keeps the big picture in mind.
During law school, Lee competed in the Giles Sutherland Rich Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition, an annual patent law moot court competition hosted by the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA). Lee’s team advanced to the Nationals quarterfinals in 2018 and 2019, took first place in the Chicago Regionals round in 2018, and earned the regionals Best-Brief Awards in 2018. Also during law school, Lee was as an Articles Editor for the University of St. Thomas Law Journal, performed research for an article analyzing the Federal Tort Claims Act, and assisted first-year law students as a Writing Fellow.
Lee served six years in the United States Army Reserves in the 308th Civil Affairs Brigade as a Civil Affairs Sergeant. He is a two-time Army Achievement Medal Recipient.
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Moot Court Coach, 2019 to present
- Advocates for Human Rights, Afghan Refugee Legal Clinic
- Minnesota State Law Library, Appeals Self-Help Clinic
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2019
- Articles Editor, University of St. Thomas Law Journal
- Dean’s Award, Civil Pretrial Litigation
- Dean’s Award, Criminal Procedure I
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, B.S., Criminal Justice, magna cum laude, 2013
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Matthew E. Johnson, John R. Rodenberg, and Diane B. Bratvold, Minnesota Court of Appeals, 2019 – 2020