Kristin M. Stock
Kristin assists clients at all stages of litigation, spanning from pre-litigation negotiations through the appeal process. Kristin seeks to understand each client's individual circumstances and goals to formulate an effective litigation strategy. Kristin's advocacy experience includes motion practice, taking and defending depositions, managing discovery, negotiating settlements and second-chairing jury and bench trials. Kristin also helps clients navigate the criminal justice process, seek expungements of prior charges or convictions, or respond to government subpoenas. Kristin proudly serves her community through a robust pro bono practice.
Prior to joining the firm, Kristin worked as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Diane B. Bratvold of the Minnesota Court of Appeals in St. Paul, Minnesota.
While in law school, Kristin served as a judicial extern for Magistrate Judge Hildy Bowbeer for the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota. Kristin served as the Notes and Comments Editor for the Mitchell Hamline Law Review, performed research for the nonprofit Children of Incarcerated Caregivers, worked in the criminal division of a county attorney’s office, and received the CALI Award for earning the highest grade in her Employment Discrimination and Wrongful Convictions courses. While in law school, dedicated over 150 hours to providing pro bono legal services in her community.
Prior to attending law school, Kristin served as a consultant for a fraternal organization.
- Co-presenter, "Transitions, Terminations, and Relocations," LeadingAge Minnesota Assisted Living Conference, August 16, 2023
- Co-author, "Mass Parental Incarceration and Sentencing Reform in Minnesota," Mitchell Hamline Law Review: Vol. 45, Iss. 4, Art. 8, 2019
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- Florida Federal Court Denies Motion to Vacate Arbitration Award Brought by Franchisee Who Claimed Not to Have Notice of the Arbitration HearingNovember 1, 2023
- Tennessee Federal Court Validates Oral Sales Representative Contract and Invalidates Oral Service ContractAugust 10, 2023
- March 9, 2023
- February 9, 2023
- January 11, 2023
- November 10, 2022
- January 13, 2022
- April 9, 2021
- December 28, 2020
- Minnesota Supreme Court Historical Society, Member
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member
- Loan Repayment Assistance Program of Minnesota, Board Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association, "North Star Lawyers," 2022-2023
80 South Eighth Street3100 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
Mitchell Hamline School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2019
- Mitchell Hamline Fellows Program
University of Minnesota, Curtis L. Carlson School of Management, B.S., 2015