Cameron C. Johnson
Cameron Johnson focuses his practice on franchise law, counseling clients across a variety of industries, including restaurants and food services, home services, retail, fitness, health and wellness, and health care. He assists with analyzing and drafting agreements and commercial contracts, filing registrations and advising on regulatory compliance. He also assists with franchise litigation matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Cameron worked as a judicial law clerk for the United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, where he conducted legal research on a variety of topics including remedies, patent law, the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure. Cameron was a part of the firm's summer associate program where he assisted in drafting transactional documents for the firm's Franchise & Distribution practice group.
Before law school, Cameron was a journalist at Popular Mechanics magazine, and worked as a writer for Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc.
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- Connecticut State Court Dismisses Claims Against Hotel Franchisor for Personal Injury at Franchisee’s HotelMay 5, 2022
- Missouri Federal Court Finds Remaining Factual Disputes Prevent Summary Judgment on Termination ClaimsApril 7, 2022
- March 9, 2022
- California Federal Court Denies Franchisor’s Motion for Temporary Restraining Order Against Franchisee’s Anticipatory BreachFebruary 10, 2022
- Colorado Federal Court Denies Franchisor’s Motion to Set Aside a Jury Award for Breach of the Covenant of Good Faith and Fair DealingJanuary 13, 2022
- December 9, 2021
600 New Hampshire Avenue, NWThe Watergate - Suite 700Washington, DC 20037
Not admitted to D.C., but being supervised by Eric Yaffe, a member of the D.C. Bar.
Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2020
- Lead Articles Editor, German Law Journal
- Editor in Chief, The Law News
University of Virginia, History, B.A., 2012
- Federal District Court Clerk to the Honorable Henry Coke Morgan, Jr., 2020-2021, Eastern District of Virginia