Benjamin M. Podobinski
Benjamin Podobinski assists clients in various litigation. He has experience in trial preparation including witness preparation, cross-examination, conducting depositions, and drafting pertinent documents like exhibit and witness lists, and trial and post-trial briefs.
While earning his undergraduate degree, Ben was a member of St. Thomas’s varsity Baseball team, earning All-Conference and All-Region honors on teams that made appearances in the NCAA World Series in 2012 and 2014, finishing third both years.
Between undergrad and law school, Ben worked as a Consumer Analyst in the Office of the Minnesota Attorney General, where he handled mediations on behalf of Minnesota residents and researched consumer justice issues.
Ben's representative experience includes:
- Defense of a breach of fiduciary duty and breach of covenant of good faith lawsuit against a securities company regarding acts committed by an independent contractor of the company, obtaining default judgment against the independent contractor and favorable settlement for the client.
- Litigated and negotiated a settlement agreement with a medical client regarding an infringing trademark by a competing medical company, prevented the infringing mark from being used in commerce.
- Navigated four concurring lawsuits between the same parties in Ramsey and Anoka County involving commercial eviction actions, constructive trust claims, equitable liens, and breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Successfully argued for motions for summary judgment in breach of contract, unjust enrichment, and conversion cases concerning damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Answered a third-party subpoena, conducted client counseling, and performed document review in a federal class action lawsuit involving a large electronics distributor.