Barri Lyn Friedland
Barri Lyn Friedland represents her clients in wrongful termination, discrimination and harassment cases. She regularly defends and counsels employers regarding claims of disability, gender and age discrimination under both state and federal statutes, such as Title VII, the Age Discrimination and Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. Barri also represents employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, and other state and federal administrative agencies. Additionally, she provides counsel regarding personnel policy matters, employment discipline and termination decisions, employee investigations, leave of absence compliance and wage-and-hour matters.
Barri's career-long experience in employment defense allows her to assist employers in reaching their primary goals quickly and effectively. She believes that effective communication is crucial, and focuses her practice on advising her clients on the most successful mode of communication.
- Chapter Author, "The Hiring Process," Merrick Rossein, Employment Law Deskbook for Human Resources Professionals, West Group, 2002
- Author, "Landmark Decision on Employee Drug Testing," In House Lawyer, 1997
- February 18, 2021
2049 Century Park EastSuite 3500SLos Angeles, CA 90067-1623
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, J.D.
Claremont Graduate University, M.B.A.
University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A.