Angela M. Grant, Ph.D.
Dr. Angela M. Grant has a Ph.D. in immunology and microbiology and focuses her practice on patent law in the biotechnology and life sciences space. Her practice includes global patent portfolio development and management, IP due diligence, and invalidity and non-infringement analyses. Angela's experience also includes district court litigation and post-grant proceedings before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, including inter partes review. She has advised a wide range of clients, including venture capital firms, startups, and Fortune 500 companies.
Areas of notable experience include:
- Multispecific and Multifunctional Antibodies
- Cell Therapies (CAR T cells, recombinant TCR T cells)
- Gene editing (CRISPR, TALEN, ZFN)
- RNA therapeutics (antisense oligonucleotides, siRNAs, miRNAs, aptamers)
- Synthetic oligosaccharides
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Jurisprudence Award, Suffolk University Law, 2013
- American Heart Association Mamie Doud Eisenhower Memorial Research Award, 2009
- Association for Women In Science, D.C. Chapter, Vice President of Communications, 2008 - 2010
- The National Academy of Sciences, Exhibit Interpreter, Marian Koshland Science Museum, 2008 - 2010