Will G. Carden, Ph.D.
As a technical specialist in the firm’s Intellectual Property practice, Will Carden has experience in all aspects of small molecule patent prosecution and strategy. Specifically, his practice includes patent preparation and prosecution as well as international patent portfolio management in the pharmaceutical and chemical arts. His practice also includes preparing patentability, freedom to operate, and infringement opinions.
Will obtained a Ph.D. in chemistry from the University of Florida where he studied the effects of ligand architecture on organometallic small molecules for applications in materials deposition. He has expertise in small molecule synthesis, including both organic and organometallic small molecules, analytical characterization, materials characterization, and computational methodology.
- Carden, W.G.; Thorman, R.M.; Unlu, Ilyas; Kim, T.M.; Fairbrother, D.H.; McElwee-White, L. “Ligand effects in Au(I) precursors for focused electron beam induced deposition,” 257th American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition, Mar. 2019, Orlando, FL, INOR 845.
- Carden, W.G.; Pedziwiatr, J.; Abboud, McElwee-White, L. “Au(I) precursors for electron beam induced deposition,” 255th American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition, Mar. 2018, New Orleans, LA, INOR 1321.
- Poster presentation, Carden, W.G.; Frasco, D.A.; Lilly, C.P.; Ison, E.A “Cp*Co(III)-Catalyzed Oxidative Coupling of Benzoic Acids with Alkynes: A Computational Investigation,” Center for Enabling New Technologies through Catalysis (CENTC) Annual Meeting, Sept. 2014, Seattle, WA.
- Carden, W.G.; Thorman, R.M.; Unlu, Ilyas; Abboud, K.A.; Fairbrother, D.H.; McElwee-White, L. “Design, Synthesis, and Evaluation of CF3AuCNR Precursors for Focused Electron Beam-Induced Deposition of Gold” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2019, 11, 11976-11987.
- Carden, W.G.; Lu, H.; Spencer, J.A.; Fairbrother, D.H.; McElwee-White, L. “Mechanism-Based Design of Precursors for Focused Electron Beam Induced Deposition” MRS Commun, 2018, 8, 343-357.
- Carden, W.G.; Pedziwiatr, J.; Abboud, K.A.; McElwee-White, L. “Halide Effects on the Sublimation Temperature of X-Au-L Complexes: Implications for Their Use as Precursors in Vapor Phase Deposition Methods” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2017, 9, 40998-41005.
- American Chemical Society
- Alpha Chi Sigma, Gamma Xi Chapter
- Center for Enabling New Technologies through Catalysis
- Conference Travel Award, Oakwood Chemical Company
- Graduate Student Fellowship, University of Florida
- Hypercube Scholar, North Carolina State University
Boston28 State StreetSuite 700Boston, MA 02109
University of Florida, Ph.D., Inorganic Chemistry
North Carolina State University, B.S., Chemistry