Thomas E. Mathews
Tom is a business lawyer, concentrating on for profit and nonprofit entities.
His practice areas include: purchase/sale of business enterprises; commercial real estate, acquisition, development, and financing; common interest developments, condominiums; organization and governance of nonprofit and for profit entities, including formation of corporations, general and limited partnerships, and limited liability companies; tax exempt organization, including qualification and compliance; intellectual property; and estate and wealth planning.
Tom's experience also includes consultation, negotiation, and preparation of: transactions relating to healthcare providers, professional practices, manufacturing and retail business; agreements between owners, transfer restriction agreements, control agreements and sales; commercial real estate purchase agreement, easements, land planning issues, commercial leases, manufacturing, marketing, distribution, and design agreements, confidential and trade secret agreements, development and assignment of intellectual property; and commercial lending documentation and practices. He has extensive experience in the formation, governance and regulation of healthcare systems.
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent AV-Rating
- Central Minnesota Community Foundation, Professional Award in Philanthropy, 2017
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Section Member: Law Office Management Committee; Business Law Section; Real Estate
- Stearns/Benton Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association, Chapter Member: Tax and Finance; Business Law and Governance
- St. Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce
- Stearns History Museum, Board Member, 2013-present
- Central Minnesota Community Foundation, Professional Advisory Committee, 2009-present
- September 13, 2017