Lathrop GPM Insurance Recovery attorneys are busy advising clients on insurance coverage issues in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ve also been tapped to share insights with various media outlets on this topic and several others recently. Below please find a collection of articles and media clips since our last round-up on May 4:
Business Interruption during COVID-19:
- “Insurance for Business Interruption Losses Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic,” The Franchise Lawyer article by Alexandra Roje, Spring 2020, Vol. 23, No. 02, July 13, 2020
- "Business Interruption? – Plan for the Future – Ask The Expert," Business Class News segment featuring Alexandra Roje, May 27, 2020
- "COVID BI Coverage Dispute Lawsuit Arises Over ‘Civil Authority’ Order Clause," Canadian Underwriter article featuring Kim Winter, May 8, 2020
- “No, insurance doesn’t cover that,” Axios article featuring Alexandra Roje, May 6, 2020
- "How to Exclude Business Interruption During Pandemic,” Canadian Underwriter article featuring Kim Winter , May 4, 2020
- “More States Introduce COVID-19 Business-Interruption Bills,” Claims Journal article featuring Alexandra Roje, April 16, 2020
Best Insurance Practices during times of Mass Protests:
- “This is How Small Businesses Affected by Looting Can Get the Insurance Money They Deserve,” The Philadelphia Inquirer article featuring Kim Winter, June 16, 2020
- “Reassuring Customers Part of Job for Minnesota Agent in Aftermath of Riots,” Insurance Journal article featuring Kim Winter, June 15, 2020
- “Does Insurance Cover Damage From Uprisings? What You Need to Know About Filing Claims,” USA Today article featuring Kim Winter, June 9, 2020
- “Best Insurance Practices to Consider During These Tumultuous Times of Mass Protests,” CEOWorld Magazine article by Kim Winter, June 9, 2020
- “Businesses Hurt First by Coronavirus Then by Looting Have New Insurance Questions,” Insurance Journal article featuring Kim Winter and Hahn Pham, June 5, 2020
- “Businesses Sweat Insurance for One-Two Blows of Virus, Looting,” The Washington Post/Bloomberg article quoting Kim Winter and Hahn Pham, June 3, 2020
- “KC Attorney: Plaza Protests Offer 4 Insurance Lessons for Businesses,” Kansas City Business Journal article featuring Kim Winter, June 3, 2020
Other Miscellaneous Articles:
- “Handling Stress & Mental Health In the ‘New’ Workplace,” Business Class News video featuring Kim Winter, July 11, 2020
- "How to Make Partner at Lathrop GPM," Legalist's Rainmaker podcast episode featuring Alex Brown, April 24, 2020
Bookmark Lathrop GPM’s Insurance Recovery & Counseling Pressroom page and check back for regular updates.
The information contained in this document is provided to alert you to legal developments and should not be considered legal advice. It is not intended to and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Specific questions about how this information affects your particular situation should be addressed to one of the individuals listed. No representations or warranties are made with respect to this information, including, without limitation, as to its completeness, timeliness, or accuracy, and Lathrop GPM shall not be liable for any decision made in connection with the information. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements.
About this Blog
Lathrop GPM is one of the largest law firms in the United States representing policyholders, providing policyholders with the necessary guidance and legal counsel to handle everything from negotiating coverage and managing risk to litigating insurance disputes and recovery. The Road to Insurance Recovery blog is dedicated to helping readers better understand and manage the complexities of the modern business insurance policy.