The Modern Workplace
- Posts by Caitlin R. GehlenAssociate
Caitlin Gehlen focuses her practice on higher education and employment law. Caitlin advises and trains colleges and universities on a variety of legal issues including Title IX, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act ...
On June 10, 2021, OSHA released a long-awaited new Emergency Temporary Standard (“ETS”), which establishes new mandatory workplace safety requirements for employers providing healthcare services or healthcare support services. The ETS aims to protect employees from exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace by requiring the following:
- a COVID-19 plan based on an assessment of COVID-19 hazards;
- patient screening;
- transmission-based precautions;
- continued personal protective equipment (PPE) usage;
- social distancing while indoors;
- proper cleaning and disinfecting ...