Franchisors and distributors across the country are confronting a myriad of challenges and pressures related to the spread of COVID-19. Lathrop GPM has established a cross-disciplinary team to provide alerts, articles, and other resources to help clients navigate these uncertain times. Some of the following may be of particular interest to franchisors and distribution-based businesses:
- Insurance Recovery 101 for Franchisors: Maximizing Your Coverage (Including COVID-19 Related Losses) by Insurance Recovery Practice Group Leader Kim Winter, Insurance Recovery Partner Rick Kubler, and Franchise Partner Craig Miller
- COVID-19 Webinar: The Employer’s Perspective by Megan Anderson, Neil Goldsmith, Mark Mathison, and Brian Woolley
- What You Need to Know About the CARES Act by Jeff Peterson, Andrew Hogenson, Daryn McBeth, and Sarah Duniway
covid-19 Legal updates:
- Employment Alert: Employer Documentation Required to Support New Paid Leaves, and Related Tax Credits, Detailed by DOL and IRS by Brian Woolley, Megan Anderson and Garrett Pratt
- Insurance Recovery Alert: Will Business Interruption Losses From COVID-19 Be Covered By My Insurance? by Kim Winter and Noah Nash
- E-Business Alert: Using E-Commerce to Survive COVID-19 by Michael Cohen
- Litigation Alert: COVID 19 – Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secret Protection During the “New Normal” by Kate O'Hara Gasper and Jennifer Hannah
- Litigation Alert: The Invisible Customer – What Owners Should Consider If a Customer Later Tests Positive for COVID-19 by Danielle Twait and Patricia Lehtinen Silva
- Food Alert: FDA Eases Enforcement of Nutrition Labeling Rules for the Restaurant Industry by Julia Dayton Klein
- CARES Act Update: COVID-19 Federal Loan Assistance Programs by Andrew Hogenson
- CARES Act Reference: Overview of SBA Loan Programs Under the 2020 CARES Act
- Insurance Recovery Blog Post: Coverage for Coronavirus Claims by Alexandra Roje in The Road to Insurance Recovery
- Franchise Update: Franchisor’s Response to the Coronavirus Threat by Michael Gray
- Essential Business Update: Executive Orders Requiring Stay-At-Home/Shelter-In-Place With Exceptions for 'Essential Businesses' by Nicholas Anderson and David Morehouse
- Essential Business Reference: State by State Table for Determining 'Essential Businesses' During Shelter-In-Place by Nicholas Anderson and David Morehouse
- Technology Update: Cybersecurity for a Remote Workforce by Tedrick Housh and Michael Cohen
Lathrop GPM’s COVID-19 Response Team in the News:
- "Franchise System Responses to the Coronavirus," International Franchise Association (IFA) article by Franchise Partner Michael Sturm
- "Revisiting Franchise Agreements In Light Of COVID-19," Law360 article by Franchise Partner Michael Gray
- "10 Suggestions for Franchise Systems on How They Can Respond to the Coronavirus Crisis," Global Franchise article by Franchise Partner Michael Sturm
- "Restaurant Expert Q&A: COVID-19 Bigger than Great Recession," Food on Demand article featuring Franchise Partner Ryan Palmer
For additional updates and resources, visit the Lathrop GPM COVID-19 Client Resource website.
Maisa Frank represents clients in a variety of litigation matters. Whether conducting pre-dispute investigations, navigating litigation, or negotiating resolutions, Maisa’s advice and strategy is vital to clients facing ...
Richard Landon is a trial and appellate attorney who advises and represents businesses resolving disputes in antitrust, distribution, and franchising, as well as shareholder disputes and other complex commercial litigation ...
The information contained in this post is provided to alert you to legal developments and should not be considered legal advice. It is not intended to and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Specific questions about how this information affects your particular situation should be addressed to one of the individuals listed. No representations or warranties are made with respect to this information, including, without limitation, as to its completeness, timeliness, or accuracy, and Lathrop GPM shall not be liable for any decision made in connection with the information. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements.
About this Publication
The Franchise Memorandum is a collection of postings on summaries of recent legal developments of interest to franchisors brought to you by Lathrop GPM LLP.
To subscribe to monthly emails for The Franchise Memorandum, please click here.