Teresa Hurla is an associate focusing on tortious law. She brings extensive experience handling fire and explosion cases involving catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. Teresa recognizes the importance of initial factual investigations. No detail is too small. Teresa assists clients in all phases of litigation, including taking depositions, drafting discovery and pre-trial motions, and attending trial.
As a former Division 1 student-athlete, Teresa has a strong work ethic and recognizes the value of a team approach. She frequently communicates with expert witnesses to develop defense strategies and is committed to helping her clients achieve their desired resolutions.
Prior to joining Lathrop GPM, Teresa was an associate attorney at another firm in the Kansas City area. During law school, she competed on the Texas Young Lawyers trial team and the voir dire competition team.
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- March 23, 2023
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Special Olympics Kansas, volunteer
- Lead to Read KC, volunteer
Kansas City2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
Washburn University School of Law, Dean's Honors, J.D., 2018
- Max Rowinsky Award for Outstanding Student in Trial Advocacy Class, 2018
University of Northern Iowa, cum laude, B.A. Public Relations, 2015
- Member of the NCAA Women’s Soccer Team
- Phi Theta Kappa, member; Dean's Honor Roll, all semesters