Tana S. VanGoethem
Tana VanGoethem practices in the areas of higher education, and employment and labor law. She has extensive experience conducting higher education investigations and adjudications on behalf of institutions, including sexual misconduct investigations. Tana also advises colleges and universities on higher education legal and compliance, including issues that arise under Title IX, Clery, VAWA, and FERPA. She regularly advises institutions on matters pertaining to sexual harassment and the sexual misconduct process.
Tana also works with clients in various areas of employment law, including advising and counseling in areas of discipline and discharge, RIF advice and adverse impact analysis, state and federal anti-discrimination statutes, retaliations, employee handbooks, FMLA, employee contracts, severance agreements, FLSA, and affirmative action plans. She also conducts employment-related investigations.
- Conducted investigations of allegations of sexual harassment in the workplace and other allegations of employee workplace misconduct
- Conducted investigations and adjudications of alleged sexual misconduct involving students and faculty at colleges and universities
- Advised higher education institutions on appeals of decisions arising from sexual misconduct investigations
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- myHealth, former board member
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2005, Intellectual Property Moot Court
University of Minnesota, B.S., 1998