Steve K. Barton, M.D.
Dr. Steve Barton represents high-technology clients. His experience in patent law includes the crafting and prosecution of patents in the areas of medical instrumentation and devices, digital electronics, semiconductor devices, computer hardware and software architecture, networking, computer peripheral devices and mechanical devices. He has been published on copyright and participated in software copyright litigation.
His M.D. with coursework in biochemistry, molecular biology, and other topics, with research experience using RT-PCR to analyze anandamide receptor expression has given Steve a foundation in modern biotechnology.
His MSEE and over 20 years of engineering experience has given Steve a thorough grounding in the practical aspects of computer architecture and logic and circuits for integrated circuitry. He originated the Intel 8096 family processor architecture at Intel through development of its predecessor, the Ford EEC-4 electronic engine control processor. He has also designed assorted analog integrated peripherals, and has participated in the development of high speed DSP devices for Crystal Semiconductor. His semiconductor industry design experience ranges from 3 micron NMOS to 0.18 micron CMOS.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Utah State Bar
- Colorado State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar
- California State Bar
- Fremont County Bar Association
- El Paso County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Institute of Electrical Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Civil Air Patrol, Captain
- Colorado State Nursing Home Improvements Grant Board, 2013-2020
- Colorado State Board of Veterinary Medicine, 2017-2021
- Fremont County Crusader, Board of Directors
2440 Junction PlaceSuite 300Boulder, CO 80301
University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 1973
University of California, Berkeley, M.S. (Electrical & Computer) Engineering Science, 1975
J Reuben Clark Law School of Brigham Young University, J.D. Law, 1994
St Georges University School of Medicine (Grenada), M.D., 2007