Sarah E. Lintecum
Sarah Lintecum primarily focuses her practice on insurance coverage and environmental law. Her experience includes representing clients in administrative negotiations with the Environmental Protection Agency and state governmental agencies, advising clients regarding their regulatory requirements, and assisting in litigation of environmental claims, including cost recovery and contribution claims under the federal Superfund law. She also advises clients on compliance and permitting under federal environmental laws and regulations.
Recently, Sarah’s environmental practice has primarily been focused on advising clients under CERCLA with respect to cost recovery and contribution claims, and assisting with insurance recovery. Sarah was part of a team that successfully recovered $10 million on behalf of a national client in a CERCLA cost recovery action. She has also successfully secured a full insurance defense for multiple toxic tort suits arising from an environmental site on behalf of a national client.
In addition to her environmental law experience, Sarah also represents and advises corporate and individual policyholders in policy analysis, claim development, allocation, coverage litigation and risk analysis, including for policyholders facing long-tail environmental claims. Additionally, she defends employers, ERISA plans, insurers and service providers in a wide range of employee benefits litigation throughout the nation. Sarah has particular experience handling disputes involving disability and retirement benefits.
Prior to attending law school, Sarah practiced as a CPA at KPMG, LLP where she reviewed federal and state corporate tax returns for a private international conglomerate with more than $10 billion in gross receipts and operations in a variety of industries, including energy, plastics, and insurance. This experience helps her advise clients with respect to the financial implications that legal decisions have on a company’s business operations.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Up and Coming Awards, Pro Bono, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2019
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers "Rising Stars," 2017-2018
- UMKC Law Review, Staff Member
- Dean’s List
- CALI Excellence in Administrative Law Award
- CALI Excellence in Deferred Compensation Award
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Kansas Bar Association (KBA)
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA)
- Lawyers Association of Kansas City – Young Lawyer’s Section, Board of Directors
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Society of CPAs
- Midwest Innocence Project, Board of Directors, 2018-2021
- American Royal, Volunteer
- University of Kansas Alumni Association
- November 13, 2019
- November 14, 2018
- Lathrop Gage and Midwest Innocence Project Partner to Free Little Rock Woman After 26 Years on Wrongful ConvictionJuly 17, 2018
- November 9, 2017
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Missouri-Kansas City, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013
University of Kansas, Master of Accounting and Information Systems, 2005
University of Kansas, B.A., 2004