Sara B. Oishi
Sara Oishi practices in the area of business litigation and represents clients in the environmental industry. Prior to joining the firm, Sara served as a judicial intern for Judge Virginia M. Kendall of the U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois and was a Summer Intern for the Vermont Natural Resources Council. In addition, Sara served as a Summer Associate at the firm working with environmental, business and IP litigation attorneys on preparing research for ongoing cases.
Sara was selected to conduct research and contribute to projects at Vermont Law School’s Institute for Energy and the Environment, in addition to serving as a teaching and research assistant while in law school. She also was the Administrative Editor for the Vermont Journal of Environmental Law.
Drawing on an engineering background that includes degrees from MIT and Stanford, Sara brings a sharp analytical focus to cases involving complex legal and technological issues. In particular, Sara’s academic and professional experience has focused on energy efficiency and alternative and renewable energy sources. Prior to attending law school, Sara worked in energy efficiency finance, developing methods of funding industrial infrastructure projects via future energy savings, tax credits, and other incentives. She has also explored the technological and regulatory frameworks for innovative battery storage technology and sustainable biofuels.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service, Twentieth Annual Excellence in Pro Bono and Public Interest Service Award Ceremony, Chicago Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, May 2019
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Co-Author, The Electric Battery: Charging Forward to a Low-Carbon Future, ABC-CLIO/Praeger, 2017
- December 19, 2017
- Environmental Alert: EPA’s Temporary Policy – COVID-19 Implications for EPA’s Enforcement and Compliance Assurance Program4/1/2020
155 North Wacker DriveSuite 3000Chicago, IL 60606-1787
Vermont Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2017
Stanford University, M.S. in Environmental Engineering and Science, 2011
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S. in Environmental Engineering, 2010