Reid K. Day
Reid Day is an associate in Lathrop GPM's Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice group. Reid has experience litigating a variety of issues in state and federal courts including contractual and related business disputes, employment, emerging technologies, real estate and complex class action issues. Reid also assists clients on matters pertaining to data privacy, data security and data breach issues.
Reid joined the firm in 2015 as a Summer Associate, where he drafted memoranda on range of substantive and procedural civil litigation matters, as well as assisted in pre-suit investigation of potential product liability claims. Reid also completed an internship with the Honorable Carlos Murguia of the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas while in law school.
After law school, Reid served as a law clerk for the Honorable Ortrie Smith of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri. He managed a docket of substantively diverse cases from initial filling through post-trial motion practice, drafting judicial opinions on every aspect of federal district trial court litigation. He also staffed Judge Smith during jury trials, hearings and conferences.
Before attending law school, Reid worked in Washington D.C. for two United States Representatives. He also worked at the Center for Democracy & Technology, an international nonprofit focused on data privacy and technology issues.
- Co-Presenter, COVID-19 Work-From-Home Policies and Workplace Cybersecurity, Lenexa Chamber of Commerce, April 16, 2020
- Author, "You Can't Cry 'Fake News!' in a Crowded Theater... and Get Away With It," MLRC MediaLaw Letter, July 2019
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- Kansas City (Missouri) Redistricting Commission, At-Large Member, 2021
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy, 2019-2020
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Kansas Law Review, Articles Editor
- Payne & Jones Lawyering Program Award
University of Kansas, B.A. in Psychology, 2009
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Ortrie Smith, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri