Paula D. Pendley
Partner Paula Pendley focuses her practice on litigating products liability, premises liability, toxic tort and environmental cases. She has defended clients in federal and state trials throughout California and worked up cases for trials venued in Arizona, Illinois, and North Carolina. She has extensive experience representing clients involved in automobile product liability, toxic tort, RICO, premises liability for hospitality and restaurant companies (internationally and domestically), and high-profile nuisance litigation that garnered media attention. Paula is skilled in preparing cases for trial including, but not limited to, taking lead on plaintiff and percipient witness depositions, preparing experts for deposition and trial, and preparing and arguing complex trial and pre-trial motions. She has served as an active second chair on a number of trials having prepared and argued motions in limine, participated in voir dire, and conducted both direct and cross examinations of experts.
Besides her litigation experience, in her varied practice she has worked on commercial disputes involving intellectual property (with a particular focus on licensing matters) and advises entertainment companies and producers on matters including copyright and breach of contract issues, negotiating clearances, talent agreements, option agreements, shopping agreements and other production-related matters.
During law school, Paula served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Lawrence Mira of the Malibu Superior Court, and worked for the California Attorney General’s office in its Employment, Regulations, and Administrations division. Paula also attended the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, where she completed her Certificate in Dispute Resolution and assisted in the publication of the article “Arbitration: The ‘New Litigation’” and the book Mediators Acting as Arbitrators.
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
In the News
- November 1, 2020
- January 17, 2019
- Defense Research Institute, Trial Tactics Committee
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Litigation Section; Entertainment Law & Intellectual Property Section
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Preceptor Program, Alumni Mentor
- McGowan, et al., v. Murphy-Brown LLC
- Gillis v. Murphy-Brown, LLC d/b/a Smithfield Foods Hog Production Division
- Danny Shaw and Shirley Shaw v. John Crane Inc., et al.
- Castillo v. Cleaver Brooks, Inc., et al.
- Susan Hill, Individually and as Personal Representative of The Estate of Charles Tyrone Hill v. Air & Liquid Systems, et al.
- Kordestani v. 3M Company, et al.
2101 Cedar Springs RoadSuite 1400Dallas, TX 75201
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Phi Alpha Delta, Justice
- Trial Advocacy Team
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, Certificate
Pepperdine University, B.A., Telecommunication, cum laude, 2006