Paul McKie Lewis
Paul Lewis focuses his practice on real estate law. His duties include preparation of real estate documents such as leases, sales agreements and easements, handling title matters, drafting loan documents such as notes and collateral documents and advising clients on real estate and loan transactions.
In addition to real estate law, Paul also focuses on public law, economic development incentives, land use planning and development, specifically including Chapter 100 Financing, the Missouri Works program, Chapter 353 Corporations, and Enhanced Enterprise Zones.
Prior to joining the firm, Paul was associate counsel at Americo Financial Life and Annuity Insurance Company, where he reviewed estates, trusts, and powers-of-attorney in connection with the purchase of life insurance policies and conducted research for legal issues and regulatory compliance.
- Gorum v. Sessoms, 41 Urb. Law. 599, Summer 2009
In the News
- December 12, 2022
- August 18, 2022
- January 4, 2021
- March 10, 2014
- ABA – Tort Trial and Insurance Section, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law, Taxation, Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, "Ones to Watch," 2023
- 2015 graduate of the Leadership Northeast Program of the Northeast Johnson County Chamber of Commerce.
- Fellow Life Management Institution (FLMI) Designation, Life Office Management Association (LOMA), 2013
- Associate Insurance Regulatory Compliance (AIRC) Designation, Life Office Management Association (LOMA) – 2013
- Associate Reinsurance Administration (ARA) Designation, Life Office Management Association (LOMA) 2013
- Kansas City Estate Planning Prize - Second place, tax track, “Partial Exchanges of Annuities under § 1035,” 2012
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
7300 West 110th StreetSuite 150Overland Park, KS 66210
University of Missouri-Kansas City, Taxation LL.M., 2011
University of Missouri-Kansas City, J.D., 2010
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Urban Lawyer, Staff
- Law Review, Staff
University of Kansas, B.A., 2007