Patricia Lehtinen Silva
Patricia Lehtinen Silva's practice is focused on litigation in federal and state courts across the country as well as mediation and arbitration. Licensed in Florida, Illinois and Missouri state and federal courts, Patricia has also represented clients in Texas, Virginia, Connecticut, Arizona and Tennessee.
A keen ability to distill a case to its essential elements is at the core of Patricia’s client-focused approach. Whether helping a small business navigate a non-disclosure agreement or a publicly-traded corporation facing a class action, Patricia provides timely and thoughtful guidance. Her practice focuses in tort and environmental cases involving products liability, breaches of warranty, nuisance, and toxic tort allegations. She is well-versed in the Price-Anderson Act and CERCLA. She is also adept in breach of contract cases.
Drawing on this litigation background, Patricia frequently helps clients avoid the courts by advising on best practices and conducting early negotiation to resolve disputes.
Patricia’s critical thinking has recently been called on to advise on the application of existing legal theories to the COVID-19 pandemic. She has successfully resolved numerous contract disputes when cancellations were required and provided recommendations on how to safely reopen.
A strong advocate for pro bono work, Patricia currently serves at-risk youth in Collier County, Florida as a Guardian ad Litem for children in the dependency system. She has also provided legal services to domestic violence matters in St. Louis County and prisoners’ rights cases in the Southern District of Illinois. Her dedication to helping others in need aligns with Lathrop GPM's commitment to community service.
Prior to joining the firm, she was a law clerk for the Honorable James Lawrence King in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- Won full summary judgment for client against allegations of improper escheatment of stocks in United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. Lana Weinbach v. The Boeing Company and Computershare, Inc.; 4:18-cv-00381.
- Won a complete defense verdict at trial in which plaintiffs, through a class action, alleged our client aided and abetted franchise fraud and committed civil deception. We again defended our client in the State of Indiana Court of Appeals where the Court affirmed the defense verdict serving as a double win for our client. Nidia Martinez, et al., on Behalf of Herself and Others Similarly Situated v. Stratus Franchising, LLC, et al.49A02-1509-PL-1317
- Presenter, "Alone, Together: Why a Comprehensive Approach to Mental Health and Diversity is Necessary and How to Help," Law Practice CLE, August 2, 2021
- Presenter, "Mental Health Efforts Will Support Diversity in Legal Industry," Federal Bar Association, July 13, 2020
- Author, "Mental Health Efforts Will Support Diversity in Legal Industry," Law360, June 9, 2020
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- March 4, 2021
- September 16, 2020
- May 1, 2020
- April 2, 2020
- March 12, 2020
In the News
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Pathfinder Program, 2019; City Lead, Southwest Florida, 2020-2021
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Clayton Chamber of Commerce Leadership Clayton, class of 2016-2017
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, Young Friends Board, Public Relations Chair, August 2017 - July 2019
- Guardian ad Litem, 20th Judicial Circuit of Florida, 2020-Present
- The Missouri Bar, YLS Pro Bono Publico Award, 2018
- Honoree, Exceptional Pro Bono Pledge
7701 Forsyth BoulevardSuite 500Clayton, MO 63105
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2013
Yale University, B.A., with Distinction, 2010
- Federal Law Clerk to the Honorable James Lawrence King, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2013-2014