Nilofar Karbassi is an associate attorney with a wide range of experience in complex product liability and toxic tort litigation in relation to catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases. She represents clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses in complex litigation. Nilo has represented companies involved in the manufacture, sale, and distribution of various products including, personal care and cosmetics, pharmaceutical products, automotive parts, surgical hardware, adhesives, and building and construction materials. Her skill set consists of her ability to see a case through all stages of litigation from inception through trial, including developing defense strategies, taking depositions, motion practice and trial. Nilo has significant experience in case management, factual investigation and works closely with experts and fact witnesses to effectively resolve cases long before trial and at considerable savings to her clients.
Sample Litigation Experience
- Prevailed on motion to dismiss based on forum non conveniens on behalf of a cosmetics manufacturer, effectively ensuring that the Plaintiffs could not prevail against the Defendant in any jurisdiction.
- Successfully obtained dismissal for distributor of talcum powder products by aggressively seeking and procuring witness affidavits that demonstrated the Plaintiffs’ testimony was untruthful.
- Prevailed on motion for summary judgment for automobile manufacturer in a personal injury case alleging exposure to asbestos.
- Successfully defended manufacturer of dust masks and respirators against claims of defect.
In 2022, Nilo was recognized as a Southern California Rising Star by California Super Lawyers, an honor reserved for those lawyers who exhibit excellence in practice.
In the News
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles Bar Association
- Orange County Women Lawyer's Association
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Pathfinder Program, 2022
- The Giving Spirit
- Named "Rising Star," Super Lawyers Magazine, Southern California edition, 2022
2049 Century Park EastSuite 3500SLos Angeles, CA 90067-1623
Chapman University School of Law, J.D., cum laude (2015)
- Moot Court Competition Board, Vice President
- Nexus Journal of Law and Public Policy, Senior Symposium Editor
California State University, Northridge, B.A. Liberal Studies (2012)