Neil Schonert has more than nine years of experience counseling clients in commercial and toxic tort litigation. Neil assists with the defense of clients through deposing witnesses, drafting and arguing motions, negotiating settlements and other procedural matters that come with defending a variety of complex commercial and toxic tort issues. He has been named on the Illinois Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" list from 2019-2023, a distinction earned by lawyers under the age of 40, or who have been practicing 10 years or less.
Prior to joining Lathrop GPM, Neil was an associate attorney at a regional Midwest law firm and has extensive experience working within agencies of both state and federal governments.
- Author, "A Fistful of Dollars: Bounty Hunting Under the Dodd-Frank Act's Whistleblower Provisions," Southern Illinois University Law Journal, Vol. 36 no. 1 (Fall 2011).
- Author, "Mapping The Uninsured and Underinsured Wilderness – Liability Coverage for Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists," Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, CLE Program, May 4, 2015
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Madison County Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation
- Illinois Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2019-2023
7701 Forsyth BoulevardSuite 500Clayton, MO 63105
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2012
- Assistant Editor of the Law Journal
- CALI Award Winner, Lawyering Skills, 2009; Trial Advocacy, 2012
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity, Historian
- Phi Kappa Phi Honors Fraternity, 2L and 3L
University of Illinois, B.A., Political Science, 2008