Julie Giddings focuses her practice on the areas of employment and higher education law. She regularly advises employers on a diverse range of employment law issues, including discrimination, retaliation and harassment issues, terminations, employment and severance agreements, employee handbooks, and policies. Julie also works with colleges and universities to provide training and advisement on higher education legal compliance issues. She represents clients in administrative actions and litigation when employment or student affairs-related claims arise. Julie also has experience advising employers on noncompetition and other post-employment restrictions as well as litigating noncompete and trade secret cases.
Prior to joining the firm, Julie was a law clerk to the Honorable Arthur J. Boylan at the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and worked as an employment attorney at a large Minneapolis-based law firm.
- Co-Author, More than being PC: Transgender rights in the workplace, Star Tribune, August 2, 2015
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- August 27, 2015
- “Focus on Transgender Discrimination as EEOC Brings First Cases,” Business Management DailyDecember 16, 2014
In the News
- Federal Bar Association
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit
University of Iowa, J.D., with high distinction, 2006, Order of the Coif
University of Nebraska, B.A., with distinction, 2003, History