Jiangqiong (Jessica) Liu, Ph.D.
Dr. Jessica Liu is a registered patent attorney of the firm's intellectual property group. She focuses her patent practice in the fields of chemicals, pharmaceuticals, therapeutic methods, diagnostic methods, and biotechnology.
Dr. Liu handles a variety of matters, including counseling clients in the areas of U.S. and foreign patent prosecution, freedom-to-operate opinions, infringement and validity opinions, and overall due diligence reviews.
Prior to law school, Dr. Liu obtained her Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from Brigham Young University. Her doctorate research was focused on modified purine nucleosides.
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- First author, SNAr Displacements with 6-(Fluoro,Chloro, Bromo, Iodo, and Alkylsulfonyl)purinenucleosides: Synthesis, Kinetics, and Mechanism, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007, 5962-5968
- First author, Fluoro, Alkylsulfanyl, and Alkylsulfonyl Leaving Groups in Suzuki Cross-Coupling Reactions of Purine 2'-Deoxynucleosides and Nucleosides, Org. Lett. 2005, 1149-1151
- First author, Azoles as Suzuki Cross-Coupling Leaving Groups, Org. Lett. 2004, 3421-3423
- First author, SNAr iodination of 6-chloropurine nucleosides, Org. Lett. 2004, 2917-2919
2440 Junction PlaceSuite 300Boulder, CO 80301
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., 2010
Brigham Young University, Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, 2007
Dalian University of Technology, M.S. Fine Chemicals, 1998
Xi'an Polytechnic University, B.S. Dyeing and Finishing Engineering, 1994