Jason T. Johnson
Jason Johnson is a trial and appellate attorney who represents clients involved in civil litigation and arbitration. Jason focuses his practice on franchise litigation, including antitrust, class actions, unfair competition, and trademark infringement matters. Jason is experienced in assisting clients throughout the litigation process, from drafting and arguing motions, to complex litigation coordination and strategy with national trial teams.
Prior to joining Lathrop GPM, Jason served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Wilhelmina M. Wright of the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota and for the Honorable John R. Rodenberg of the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
When not working, Jason enjoys travel, golf, fishing, and playing the piano.
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- Maryland Federal Court Denies Motion to Dismiss for Forum Non Conveniens but Grant’s Franchisee’s Motion to Dismiss for Personal JurisdictionMarch 9, 2023
- February 9, 2023
- Florida Federal Court Grants Franchisor’s Motion to Dismiss Breach of Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing ClaimsJanuary 11, 2023
- Michigan Federal Court Grants Partial Summary Judgment to Supplier Defending Claims Under Oral ContractDecember 8, 2022
- November 10, 2022
- October 6, 2022
- September 8, 2022
- August 11, 2022
- July 14, 2022
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, Alumni Board
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, Adjunct Faculty
Minneapolis80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
Mitchell Hamline School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2018
- Law Review, Vol. 43, 44
- Best Brief, Rosalie E. Wahl Moot Court
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Contracts, Constitutional Law, and Evidence
St. John's University, B.A., Global Business Leadership, 2014