Frank J. Sciremammano
Frank Sciremammano is a diligent problem-solver, tackling the toughest litigation issues faced by his clients. Working primarily with businesses, he recognizes that each client’s ideal resolution will differ — whether that means a win in the courtroom, a well-crafted settlement, or a sizable arbitration award. No matter the desired outcome, Frank provides thorough and efficient representation in service of his clients’ business objectives.
Frank focuses on franchise, distribution, and other business litigation and white collar defense matters. He advises some of the nation’s largest franchisors and regularly defends and prosecutes cases on their behalf in matters involving the enforcement of covenants not to compete, vicarious liability, business torts, and trademark infringement, among others. Frank’s experience also includes representing clients in commercial contract disputes and defending individuals in connection with various fraud and trade secret disputes. He represents clients ranging from individuals and small employers to public entities and international corporations.
Before attending law school, Frank worked as a radio personality in top 40 and alternative rock radio, and also as an afternoon traffic reporter for CBS Radio in Rochester, NY.
- Moderator, "To Terminate or Not to Terminate, That is the Question: Enforcing System Standards in a Post-Covid World," IFA 2021 Legal Symposium, May 6, 2021
- Presenter, “Pandemics, Natural Disasters, Unrest: Litigating Force Majeure Clauses in Franchise Agreements,” American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, March 25, 2021
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- January 1, 2019
- “When Is a Lie Actionable? Litigating Misrepresentation Claims and the Requirement or Reasonable Reliance,” co-author, American Bar AssociationOctober 10, 2018
- “Triggering a Franchise Termination Based on an Incurable Default,” co-author, The Franchise LawyerApril 1, 2018
- “A Proposed Mandatory Summary Franchise Disclosure Document: A Solution in Search of a Problem,” co-author, Franchise Law Journal, Vol. 36, No. 3May 5, 2017
- April 4, 2017
- January 2, 2020
- American Bar Association, Forum on Franchising; Steering Committee member, Litigation and Dispute Resolution Committee
600 New Hampshire Avenue, NWThe Watergate - Suite 700Washington, DC 20037
- District of Columbia
- New York
Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2012
Rochester Institute of Technology, B.A., with highest honors, 2009, Business Marketing