Emily E. Cantwell
Emily Cantwell is a litigation attorney whose practice focuses on business litigation, specifically in the areas of commercial, banking and real estate litigation, loan enforcement, employment, title disputes, and mechanic's liens.
Business Litigation. In her representation of businesses, Emily handles all aspects of civil, commercial and real estate litigation matters. This includes all aspects of the case, from inception, to fact gathering, to completion. Her representation of her clients is founded on the ideas of superior service and the best possible results.
Financial Institutions. Emily represents financial institutions, protecting and enforcing their rights through litigation of breach of contract actions, asset protection and other matters involving real estate and loan collateral.
Receiverships. Emily has handled multiple receiverships for her clients, ranging from small commercial properties to expansive multi-unit buildings. Serving as counsel for both lending institutions and the receivers, Emily is well versed in the requirements and issues surrounding this unique remedy available to her clients.
Labor & Employment Law. Through her practice, Emily assists entities in navigating the employment law process, from the administrative level up to and including litigation. She serves as counsel in the defense of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour and other employment lawsuits, mediations and arbitrations. Additionally, she advises employers on daily human resources matters, including labor relations, non-compete issues and helps to conduct investigations of employee complaints.
Prior to her joining the firm, Emily served as a congressional intern in the U.S. House of Representatives, as a communications intern for a non-profit organization, and as both a teaching assistant and faculty fellow at Saint Louis University and its School of Law, respectively.
In the News
- August 3, 2020
- January 1, 2019
- September 12, 2017
- March 26, 2012
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Women's Foundation of Greater St. Louis, Board of Directors, 2020 - present; Women in the Workplace: Employment Scorecard Initiative Committee
- Clayton Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors; President, 2018
- Greater Missouri Leadership Challenge, 2015 Class, Board of Directors
- St. Louis Small Business Monthly, 2020 Best Attorneys
- St. Louis Business Journal, Most Influential Business Women, 2019
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly's 2017 Up & Coming class
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers "Rising Stars," 2014-2017
- Saint Louis University Law Journal
- National Trial Advocacy Competition Team
- Leadership Clayton, 2011-2012 Class
7701 Forsyth BoulevardSuite 500Clayton, MO 63105
155 North Wacker DriveSuite 3000Chicago, IL 60606-1787
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., 2010
University of Florida, B.A. magna cum laude, B.S. cum laude, 2007