Eli Bensignor dedicates his practice to franchise, distribution, and licensing matters. He counsels emerging and seasoned franchisors across the U.S. on day-to-day matters, including analyzing and drafting agreements and commercial contracts, filing registrations, and advising on regulatory compliance, as well as mergers and acquisitions. Eli has experience with commercial litigation matters, protecting his clients' rights by enforcing franchise agreements and related contracts.
At the core of Eli’s practice is his passion to assist his clients in legal decision-making processes, with real world considerations, that will help flourish their businesses. He enjoys strategically advising his clients on other potential avenues they can consider in order to achieve best case scenario outcomes. His clients span a variety of industries, including, restaurants and food services, home services, residential and commercial restoration, child care services, janitorial and cleaning, cosmetic and medspa, and many other common and niche industries.
Beyond serving his clients, Eli loves to cook and, not being a Minnesota native, he enjoys exploring the many different lakes in and around Minneapolis with his wife and dog. Since 2018, Eli volunteers for a national, nonpartisan coalition known as Election Protection, in which his role entails helping people on the day of an election to try and figure out their voter ID and restriction laws to vote.
- Moderator, Expanding into the U.S., IFA 2022 Convention, February 27, 2022
- Facilitator, Roundtables: From Brick & Mortar to Virtual, H.E.A.T. Franchise Summit, August 25-27, 2020
- Speaker, 10 Commandments of Franchise Sales, International Franchise Exposition, New York, NY, May 2019
- Author, "Lathrop GPM is a Legal One-Stop-Shop for Franchisors", IFA 2021 Supplier Source Book, October 25, 2021
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- June 16, 2022
- May 5, 2022
- New York Federal Court Rejects Former Employees’ Attempt to Apply Single Integrated Enterprise Doctrine to FranchisorMarch 9, 2022
- New Jersey Federal Court Denies Franchisor’s Motion for Summary Judgment for Breach of Contract Claim Based Upon Franchisor’s Own Potential BreachFebruary 10, 2022
- Georgia Federal Court Denies Franchisor’s Motion to Dismiss Good Faith and Fair Dealing CounterclaimJanuary 13, 2022
- December 9, 2021
- April 1, 2022
- January 7, 2022
- Lathrop GPM Franchise Practice Group Closes $13.5 Million Deal with BBQ Holdings, Village Inn and Bakers SquareAugust 3, 2021
- April 1, 2020
- April 1, 2019
- October 9, 2018
- “Legal Eagle,” Franchise Times, 2018–2020, 2022
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
- New Jersey
Villanova University School of Law, J.D.
University of Michigan, Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, B.A.