Edward "Teddy" J. Fleming, LICSW
Edward concentrates his practice in the area of general corporate and business law, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial real estate. He represents individuals as well as small, mid-size, and large businesses on the wide range of legal issues encountered throughout the entirety of a business’s life cycle, including corporate formation, governance, and contract negotiation.
While in law school, Edward was a staffer and managing editor for Minnesota Law Review, a judicial extern for Judge John Scherer of the Seventh Judicial District in St. Cloud, Minn., and a judicial extern for Judge Tony N. Leung with the United States District Court in St. Paul. Prior to joining the firm as an associate, he worked as a summer associate for Gray Plant Mooty in St. Cloud and as a law clerk for Gray Plant Mooty’s health law group in Minneapolis.
Edward earned his B.A. from St. Norbert College, where he was an all-conference athlete in both football and baseball. Before beginning his legal career, he earned an M.S.W. from Boston College and spent several years working as a bilingual youth and family counselor, a wilderness therapist, and social worker. Additionally, he was on the Adjunct Faculty in the Department of Psychology at William Rainey Harper College, and worked as a co-author and editor for Hall Hill Press where he co-wrote and edited Tread Softly: Bullying and the Death of Phoebe Prince.
- International youth and amateur hockey development company in domestic acquisitions and expansion, corporate governance, and reorganization strategy.
- International propane company in domestic acquisitions and expansion in the fuel oil and LP gas dealers industry.
- International cloud-based software company on reorganization strategy, alignment, and restructuring.
- Private equity-held window and door manufacturer and distributor on corporate governance and general business matters.
- Family-owned hops farm on market entry, expansion, equity financing, and commercialization strategy.
- Privately-held craft beer brewery on contract negotiation, general business matters, and intellectual property protection.
- Online used car retailer startup on equity financing, expansion strategy, and intellectual property protection.
- Family-owned and -operated auto dealership group on general business matters and succession planning.
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Stearns-Benton Bar Association
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Illinois
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Minnesota
- The Advocates for Human Rights, Volunteer Attorney
- Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid, Volunteer Attorney
- Central Minnesota Habitat For Humanity, Volunteer Attorney
- LegalCORPS, Volunteer Attorney
1010 West Saint GermainSuite 500Saint Cloud, MN 56301
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D.
- Minnesota Law Review, Managing Editor
University of Iowa
Boston College, M.S.W.
St. Norbert College, B.A.