Dion Farganis represents clients in a wide range of employment and general commercial litigation matters, including trade secrets, non-compete agreements, shareholder disputes, patent infringement cases, and contract disputes. He has appeared and argued on behalf of his clients in both federal and state court.
Dion also advises higher education institutions on a variety of legal issues, including Title IX and the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act. He currently serves as the interim Title IX Coordinator for a private liberal arts college, ensuring institutional compliance with Title IX by overseeing investigations, managing the adjudication process, and coordinating training, education, and prevention efforts.
Dion brings a unique background to his legal practice. Before entering law school, he was a tenured political science professor, focused on the study of American law and courts. He is the recipient of multiple teaching awards and his acclaimed research on Supreme Court confirmation hearings has been covered by major news media outlets.
Dion left academia in 2014 to pursue a law degree, courtesy of a full merit-based scholarship from the University of Minnesota. While in law school, he was an editor of the Minnesota Law Review and worked for the University's Office of the General Counsel. He graduated in 2017 with high honors, and then served as a judicial law clerk to United States District Judge Joan N. Ericksen. Dion is also a proud alumnus of the firm's Summer Associate Program.
- Co-presenter, “Annual Training for New Title IX Coordinators and Deputy Coordinators,” trainED, August 1, 2022
- Co-presenter, “Annual Training for Advanced Title IX Coordinators and Deputy Coordinators,” trainED, August 3, 2021
- Co-presenter, “Annual Training for Advanced Title IX Coordinators and Deputy Coordinators,” trainED, July 20, 2021
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- October 20, 2021
- Federal Task Force Issues Guidance Regarding Federal Contractor and Subcontractor Vaccination RequirementsSeptember 29, 2021
- September 10, 2021
- June 10, 2021
- March 25, 2021
- December 23, 2020
- December 22, 2020
- October 18, 2019
- “Supreme Court Confirmation Hearings in the U.S. Senate: Reconsidering the Charade,” co-author, University of Michigan PressOctober 1, 2014
- “Do Reasons Matter? The Impact of Opinion Content on Supreme Court Legitimacy,” Political Research QuarterlyOctober 1, 2012
- “’No Hints, No Forecasts, No Previews’: An Empirical Analysis of Supreme Court Nominee Candor from Harlan to Kagan,” co-author, Law & Society ReviewSeptember 1, 2012
- June 21, 2022
- June 15, 2021
- June 30, 2020
- June 14, 2019
- February 18, 2019
- October 9, 2018
“North Star Lawyers,” Minnesota State Bar Association, 2018-2022
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif; Minnesota Law Review, Lead Note & Comment Editor
University of Minnesota, Ph.D.
Vassar College, B.A.