Carrie E. Josserand
A business litigator and appellate practitioner with experience in both state and federal courts, Carrie Josserand represents clients in contract and real estate disputes and in complex commercial litigation. She also has significant experience in trust litigation and has successfully obtained appellate court approval of trust modifications for purposes of IRS approval. Carrie’s approach to each representation comes from her observations and experience during a two-year clerkship with District Judge Steve Leben at the trial court.
Carrie’s extensive experience includes prosecuting and defending jury and bench trials, representing clients in numerous appellate matters, representing clients in administrative proceedings, and representing clients in alternate dispute resolution.
- Successfully overturned a judgment and award of punitive damages against a national banking association.
- Successfully upheld a summary judgment in favor of an employer in a wrongful termination suit.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of client (tenant) in a commercial lease dispute. This ruling, which resulted in favorable lease interpretation for the client, led to a successful settlement for our client.
- Successfully defended banking client in bench trial on claim of breach of lending agreement.
- November 9, 2017
- October 14, 2013
- October 13, 2010
- Kansas Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Women Attorneys Association
- University of Kansas School of Law Women’s Advisory Council
- Infant Toddler Services of Johnson County, Board of Directors; Friends of Infant Toddler Services, Board of Directors, Vice-President
- Sunflower House, Valentine Gala Committee, 2001-2005
- The Central Exchange
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” - 2010 and 2013
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, 2015-2017
- Appellate Advocacy Instructor, 1997-98
- United States District Court, Judicial Intern, 1997-98
- The American Bankruptcy Law Journal Prize
- CALI Award Winner
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 1998
University of Kansas, B.A., 1995
- Law clerk for the Honorable Steve Leben