Brad Barz focuses on advising companies in general corporate legal matters, including acquisitions, mergers, shareholder relations, succession planning, joint ventures, corporate contract forms, governance, executive compensation, and strategic business arrangements. Brad’s practice also includes drafting and negotiating commercial agreements regarding the same.
Before attending graduate business school and law school, Brad was a division manager in Atlanta, Georgia, for a multistate retail corporation.
In his free time, Brad enjoys spending time with his wife and three sons. He also enjoys being involved with and supporting community philanthropic groups and projects. Brad and his wife are the founders of the Miracle League of Central Minnesota.
- Sales, acquisitions, and spin-offs of companies
- Joint ventures and other strategic business arrangements
- Business succession, transition, and buy-in planning
- Advisor and general counsel to a variety of businesses, including trucking companies, manufacturers, professional service businesses, distributors, retail companies, dental businesses, medical businesses, restaurants, sales representatives, and distributors
- Legal advisor to individuals and business owners
- Employment agreements, terminations, and related matters
- Real estate purchase and sales
- Financing and recapitalization of companies
- Advisor regarding corporate and board of directors governance
- Advises start-up companies
- Central Minnesota Manufacturers Association
- Minnesota Trucking Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Stearns-Benton Bar Association
- Central Minnesota Boy Scouts Council, Executive Board Member
- Miracle League of Central Minnesota, Founder
- St. Cloud Lions Club, Past President
- Sauk Rapids Youth Baseball Association, Assistant Coach
- St. Cloud Area YMCA, Fundraiser and Football Coach
- January 7, 2013
1010 West Saint GermainSuite 500Saint Cloud, MN 56301
University of South Dakota, J.D.
- Dean’s Certificate for Outstanding Performance
University of South Dakota, M.B.A.
- Beta Gamma Sigma
University of South Dakota, B.S., Accounting