Brad K. Heitzinger
Brad Heitzinger represents individuals, developers, landlords, lenders, corporations, and nonprofits in various real estate transactions, including development, leasing, financing, and cross-border transactions. Having received his LL.M. in taxation law, Brad is particularly astute at advising his clients on tax planning, tax credit transactions, structuring, international taxation, and opportunity zones. He also helps his clients through reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, and dissolutions. In addition to providing guidance to his clients, Brad has also assumed the role of outside general counsel for various companies.
- Structured and setup multiple opportunity zone funds.
- Structured and setup multiple real estate private equity funds.
- Represented the largest taxpayer in Ramsey County, Minnesota, on multiple historic tax credit financing transactions.
- Drafted and negotiated partnership agreements, shareholder agreements, by-laws, buy-sell agreements, joint venture agreements, stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, licensing agreements, and board resolutions.
- Drafted tax opinion letters for various transactions.
- Structured, drafted, and negotiated purchase and sale contracts, loan and security agreements, like-kind exchange agreements, commercial leases, easement agreements, and subdivision indentures.
- Represented institutional lenders and borrowers in various financing transactions, including construction lending and mezzanine lending.
- "Investing in Opportunity Zone Fund or Property — Investor Considerations," Minnesota Real Estate Journal's Real Estate Opportunity Zones SummitApril 17, 2019
- “Pre-Immigration Tax Planning for Foreign Investors,” Business Challenges in Times of Globalization Conference, Santiago, ChileJune 4, 2015
- “U.S. Tax Planning for Foreign Businesses," Business Challenges in Times of Globalization Conference, Santiago, ChileJune 3, 2015
- University of Washington School of Law Low Income Taxpayer Clinic, volunteer attorney, 2013–present
- February 1, 2019
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
University of Washington School of Law, LL.M.
Creighton University School of Law, J.D.
Minnesota State University, B.S.